Everyday more TV shows come available online or through apps. Some of the shows are free, and some of the content is paid. If you know where to look and you’re okay waiting a day after live airing to watch TV shows, then you’re in luck. You can watch free TV.
There are always sketchy ways to watch content, like people on Periscope allowing you to “watch” a show on their TV. It happens. If you’re like us, you want a quality watching experience – great shows in HD. But you don’t want to subject your computer to the evils of weird and illegal sites.
To help you out, here are some of our favorite apps and sites to watch TV shows for free online. Something to note, since they are free to watch, for almost all of the sites or apps, you will have to watch commercials…but it’s free. So we can live with it. Happy watching!
- NBC. The NBC app is a great place to catch a lot of free TV. There’s a similar selection of free shows nbc.com as well. On nbc.com, the episodes typically come available 24 hours after airing, and the two most recent episodes can be viewed without having cable / satellite credentials.
- Crackle. A great place to look for old favorite TV shows, like Seinfeld and Married with Children. However, the one of the things that we love most about Crackle? Their original shows. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is a legit great show, and not just because it’s free.
- PBS. A selection of PBS’s content is available online and through their app. Genuinely quality content comes through the Masterpiece shows, and this is a great place to start a search if you’re looking for something free to watch.
- Newsy. As the name would suggest, a go-to spot for free news content. It’s one of the fastest growing video news sources it’s definitely worth scanning through their available videos when you want to catch up on news.
- CBS News app. This is one of our favorite news apps out there, and the CBS digital team does a great job of providing a continuous loop of news, covering the biggest stories of the day.
Yes! It’s here.
There are rivalries in sports. Yankees-Red Sox. Ohio State-Michigan. Packers-Bears.
Then there’s THE rivalry between the two giants of La Liga, Real Madrid and Barcelona. 114 years in the making. The rivalry represents so much more than just soccer. For the two Spanish sides, it is about political struggle, cultural identity…then there’s the soccer too.
Whether you’re a big soccer fan or not, this one is worth watching as you will see the world’s best, on one of the biggest stages as the teams square off at Barcelona’s Camp Nou.
Madrid is in the best position they’ve been in for years. They sit atop La Liga standings with an unblemished record. Barcelona is in a must win situation.
“If we win on Saturday, things will look different,” Gerard Pique said. “If we lose, things will become very complicated.”
The Barcelona defender went further, “Madrid have the luxury of being able to lose. We don’t.”
So wake up, make yourself some waffles, pour yourself a good cup coffee, maybe throw some Bailey’s in it, and turn on THE game.
When: 10:15am EST
Here’s how to watch it:
The game will be live streamed through Bein Sports. To access the Bein Sports channel, you have three options.
- FuboTV – a soccer-focused streaming service that gives you a small bundle of channels that show great US and international soccer. Fubo gives you a free 24-hour trial. Try it out for free.
- Sling TV – to access Bein Sports, you’ll need to subscribe to one of the base packages, Orange ($20 per month) or Blue ($25 per month). Once you have one of these subscriptions, you add the Sports Extra add-on for an additional $5 per month. You can try Sling TV out for 7 days for free. Check it out.
- Playstation Vue – you’ll need the 2nd tier from PS Vue to get access to the Bein Sports channel. This is the Slim Core tier, and it is $35 per month.
Here’s your guide for who is playing in the Thursday Night Football Game. Not only will we show you who plays in each Thursday Night Football game, we’ll show you how to stream and watch the games.
The thing about Thursday Night Football this year is that you can watch more ways than ever. That includes watching your favorite team by streaming it for free through Twitter. And we think that’s pretty cool.
So regardless of who’s playing and what you’re doing, check out the next Thursday night NFL game on NBC, CBS, the NFL Network, and now Twitter.
To see all the ways you can watch and never miss the start of the football weekend, download the StreamSavvy iOS mobile app.