Everyday more TV shows come available online or through apps. Some of the shows are free, and some of the content is paid. If you know where to look and you’re okay waiting a day after live airing to watch TV shows, then you’re in luck. You can watch free TV.
There are always sketchy ways to watch content, like people on Periscope allowing you to “watch” a show on their TV. It happens. If you’re like us, you want a quality watching experience – great shows in HD. But you don’t want to subject your computer to the evils of weird and illegal sites.
To help you out, here are some of our favorite apps and sites to watch TV shows for free online. Something to note, since they are free to watch, for almost all of the sites or apps, you will have to watch commercials…but it’s free. So we can live with it. Happy watching!
- NBC. The NBC app is a great place to catch a lot of free TV. There’s a similar selection of free shows nbc.com as well. On nbc.com, the episodes typically come available 24 hours after airing, and the two most recent episodes can be viewed without having cable / satellite credentials.
- Crackle. A great place to look for old favorite TV shows, like Seinfeld and Married with Children. However, the one of the things that we love most about Crackle? Their original shows. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is a legit great show, and not just because it’s free.
- PBS. A selection of PBS’s content is available online and through their app. Genuinely quality content comes through the Masterpiece shows, and this is a great place to start a search if you’re looking for something free to watch.
- Newsy. As the name would suggest, a go-to spot for free news content. It’s one of the fastest growing video news sources it’s definitely worth scanning through their available videos when you want to catch up on news.
- CBS News app. This is one of our favorite news apps out there, and the CBS digital team does a great job of providing a continuous loop of news, covering the biggest stories of the day.